Here’s our top list of the best free photo editing apps for iPhone and Android in 2022:
Now, everyone can shoot a photo with just an iPhone or an Android smartphone, but you still need a photo editing app to polish the photos then upload them to Instagram to get many likes. What are the best photo editing apps for you? You just need a one-step fixing or more advanced effects? In this article, we are going to show you the 12 best photo editng apps for iPhone and Android.
VSCO is the best photo editing app among professional photographers due to its stylish editing abilities and advanced effects that users can access with in app purchases. The quick editing tools include white balance, shadows, highlights and exposure etc.
- Polish your photo with many preset filters in one-click
- Basic editing features that allow you crop photos and adjust the exposure, color and sharpness
- Great for Instagram
- Natural looking cool effects.
- It forces users to make in app purchases.
2. Adobe Lightroom
This editor can easily work on iOS as well as Android platform and is available for free. It is well known as advanced mobile editing tool that offers all unique features like exposure, colour, white balance, gradient, clarity settings.
- Powerful advanced adjustments and corrections
- One-tap presets for quick editing
- Support share photos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flick
- Save photos on Adobe Creative Cloud so that you can access them on other devices through cloud.
- Impressive controls with effective synchronization.
- This best editing app is quite complicated, can create a mess for beginners.
Price: free/premium features charged
If you want more controls on geometric adjustments, localised image editing needs and masking features then Enlight is good for you. As the one of the best photo editing apps, it possesses wide range of preset styles, light leaks, textures, frames, borders and collage layouts.
- Precise control over color, tone, and detials
- Maskting tool allows you blend effects seamlessly
- Draw, write, or doodle directly on your image, add and customize text, borders, frames
- Create photo montage instantly.
- Its interface works impressively.
- This tool is compatible only with iOS platform.
- Only paid version is available.
4. Photoshop Express
Adobe is well popular among top photo editing app due to its classic interface and advanced editing tools. There are so many basic correction tools along with special border effects, localized adjustments, photoshop touch ability and excellent styles.
- Create studio-caliber photo collage in a few taps.
- Upload photos from device, Adobe CC, Dropbox, Facebook, or Google Photos
- One-touch adjustment for contrast, exposure, and white balance.
- Blemish removal, color correction, and image resize.
5. PicsArt Photo Studio
PicsArt is a versatile photo editing app for iPhone, you can use its awesome stickers, fonts, text to create beautiful photo collage. It even allows you edit videos.
- Remix pictures into collages and memes.
- All in one suite with collage maker, drawing tools, photo and video editor.
- Offers you with lots of preset filters.
- Powerful features with eye catching results.
- Free and pair versions available.
- Can develop animated GIFs so you can easily impress your viewers on social media.
- Free version is limited to few features.
6. FilterStorm Neue
This attractive editing app allows users to make advanced settings for all editing tasks. Some of the best and most interactive features include adjustments over curves, tone and levels along with channel mixers. You will be able to apply sharpening, watermarking, noise reduction and clarity effects on this tool.
- Fast and easy to use
- FTP and IPTC metadata with code replacements.
- Color blending and masking
- You will definitely love to access its clone tool that can replace or remove unwanted objects with ease.
- So many preset filters with adjustable features.
- Paid version only and works on iOS devices.
7. Google Snapseed (Android/iOS)
If you want to have the best photo editing software on Android, this one possesses usually array of editing tools that can assist in brightness, colour, contrast adjustments and follow various geometric correction features. The collection of advanced filters allows easy editing for glamour glow, lens blur, grunge, HDR scape, Noir and frames.
- Powerful while easy-to-use
- Flexibel color, exposure, sharpening adjustments
- Editing features like crop, rotate, straighten
- Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective
- It allows faster processing of all media file formats.
- Beginners find its interface little awkward.
8. Photomate R3
Although this is a costly option but professionals will definitely love to work on Photomate R3. This tool can easily process JPEG images as well as raw data and for advanced controls you can access localised color corrector, lens corrector, blur adjustments, sharpening and many more.
- You can decode and edit raw-files like cr2, nef, arw, rw2
- Full control over whitebalance and exposure
- Exposure, Contrast, Lights, Shadows, Clarity, Vibrance or even Lens-Based adjustments
- Wide collection of features with user friendly interface.
- It can also process raw data files.
- Highly priced.
- It is compatible only with Android.
You can easily use wide variety of overlays, blemish removal tools and cosmetic adjustments.
- Over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters
- Auto fix, double exposure
- Stylize your image to look like a pencil drawing, an ink sketch, a poster
- Make your selfies beautiful
- Comes with free and paid version.
- Powerful feature set.
- Beginners need to follow tutorials to start with.